• A useless young man of a southern country who loves girls, delicious food and the sun.
• His emotions are intense and he is a bit of a crybaby. His hobbies are drawing and siesta.
• If you approach him he seems to make a "Vee~" sound. His crying voice sounds somewhat like when you yell against an electric fan.
• The curl is "the sexual something of the Italians"
• This goes for Germany as well but because he didn't grow up much at one point of time I made his apparent age lower than his neighbours'.
• Nicely said he is quite big hearted, badly said he is a sloppy personality.
• He has a good head for business but since a lot happened and there is his brother who lost his motivation to do anything, their house's economy is slightly difficult.
• He has a habit of relying on Germany. Also, it's a mystery why his neighbouring countries pamper him.
• When he ended up in the hub of the world's attention because of his fight with Ethiopia, he was helped by America, France, Germany etc. so in the end he didn't get hit at all.
• He is the country that is the motive to draw this comic
• Physically he is not not that weak but because of "there are no cute girls watching", "the enemy is scary" and such reasons he's useless.
• Even though he only showed up in the latter half of the world history, he has shown a great growth and he is called the eastern island nation filled with miracles. His personality is shy, quiet and hardworking. He is just tiny bit masochistic.
• While he was staying confined (being hikikomori) the world went through many kinds of sudden changes but he got used to them in 10 years.
• Since he doesn't often voice his own opinions, he gives the surrounding people the impression that they can't tell what he's thinking.
In fact he is thinking about countless different things and taking them in his heart.
If it builds up too much he'll explode with 100 years level so caution is needed.
• He has a mysterious religion which has the belief that there are myriads of gods in the nature.
And he celebrates both Christmas and New Year.
• Even though he has a quite strange culture from worldwide perspective, he thinks he is normal and plain.
• His speciality is to arrange overseas cultures into his own style.
• Even seen like this, he is very much an old man. But he's thought to be their junior by his two allies.
• He is completely unable to read situations. He doesn't even try.
• He is a country of everlasting sunshine which is the source of his big hearted, cheerful personality.
• He used to be in really high spirits but in a short time he was beaten down by England and Holland.
He has walked through a pitiful history of being knocked down from his seat of a major power by the newcomer America he was going after and showed of by the surrounding major powers.
• For some reason only with South Italy he stays affectionate even when he's bankrupting his purse.
• He became related to the same Habsburg family with Austria through arranged marriage.
Spain got appointed with the older brother. This relationship ended completely in with the War of the Spanish Succession.
• He has an undesirable but inseparable relationship with France. Pierre #1 is for communication with Spain.
He became this Kansai-ben speaking pitiful character thanks to a Spanish friend.
But I think it's good that he got Kansai-ben. Also, about the two countries linked by the Habsburg-family, I was a little surprised that Spain got the older brother. It's also sad that the big brother's life was shorter.
• Personality-wise, he loves to fight and often says things that will start quarrels.
• Since birth, he has been wielding his sword for his own survival, so he is very strong.
• He has gone on a rampage in Hungary and Poland before, so his relationships with these two are rather rocky.
• His manners are also quite terrible. (Prussian troops are quite known for their bad behaviour.)
• He is supposed to be around Austria's age, just a little older, but he doesn't look like it.
• He loves Friedrich II a lot. Even after his death, whenever something or someone brings up the history of Friedrich II, he'll be depressed.
• He was under Russia's control after WWII, dreaming of Italy's warm sunshine, while stuck with doing unprofitable jobs.
Initially, his hair style had not been fixed, his head was covered with his hat, and he was a pitiful character who has to endure being forced to go through tough times.
Initially, the plan was to draw him acting his age but he gradually became more childish.
A discarded character design has him with long hair and a face like Poland's.
• As a child his personality was morose but growing up it feels like he has calmed down. That childhood personality was because after being driven out by Switzerland he wouldn't trust in people much.
• He doesn't have such a bad eyesight but he wears them because without them he looks plain.
• The glasses stand for "Austria's musical something".
• Because he became a big country thanks to risky arranged marriages, his actual strenght is not that great.
• The one hair standing up is Mariazell.It's a part of his body he doesn't really like being pulled.
• I made him lack sense of direction because of this joke:
In an Austrian pharmacy, the salesperson told the customer to wait for a little while. After all he came back only after an hour. The customer asked why and he replied: "I got lost in the storehouse."
• For sometime he spent his life in a wheelchair.
• He wanted to unite with Germany, but it was opposed by France, who even made a law forbidding the unification of Germany and Austria. But afterwards they ignored it and got united anyway.
Because he was standing next to Italia, he became big already as in childhood. I was thinking of continuing to draw him in the style of the Chibitalia period but when I was absorbed into reading Austrian history, at some point he became a slightly hetare-like character.
• Normally she is gentle and calm in character but in fight she right then changes to neesan-like expressions and rides through the wilderness on her horse with a bow or a gun in one hand, as a former equestrian tribe.
• She has, however, a complex about her fighting skills getting rusty after settling down.
• She hates Prussia because he has been making fun of her hardships since childhood.
• She also loathes Romania, Turkey and Mongol.
• She does have defiant feelings about being under Austria's rule but at the same time she harbours complicated, yearninglike feelings towards him.
• At the time of the 21th century Hungary is a little bit older than Austria.
She is a rare female character in Hetalia. Initially she was supposed to be a more snide character because she was created with the idea of a "witch" or "shoots you with arrows if mistaken for a man" kind of woman.
• An eternally neutral country with a reclusive, hedgehog-like personality. He is persevering and slightly stubborn.
• He speaks like old-fashioned essays.
• He has faith in money but not much in people.
• He loves cheese and sausages.
• He speaks in a strange language that is a mix of French and German.
• I wonder if the roughness of his buildings that can't be found at all in either German or Italian architecture is a reflection of his national traits.
• As a child he used to live with Austria but when Austria's new boss' opinion's conflicted with his, he drove Austria away and gained independence.
• Which would have been good but living alone in small land unsuited for his ?????? agriculture lead to hundreds of years of walking on the path of hardships.
• Since he worked as a mercenary here and there since childhood his physique is tough even though he is short.
• Eventhough Swiss declared neutrality during the WW2, they adapted Germany political measures.
Even though he has this kind of appearance, there was a setting with him as a girl.
There was a cliched joke about Germany walking on the streets and seeing Switzerland in civil clothes and finding out she is a girl.
• A self-declared gentleman but on the inside he's punkish and grunge. A rainy island country that often yearns for the bygone golden years.
• Believes strongly in the existence of ghosts and spirits. Has a strange power such that even people who do not believe and cannot see them will be able to see them once they go to England. America is the exception.
• However, he makes fun of aliens.
• On the surface, he's a cynical realist. He's quite a romanticist before he goes to sleep.
• He's quite bad at expressing himself. He himself knows that people often misunderstand him, he uses this fact for self-depreciating jokes.
• He hates France. Although their rivalry is a material for jokes, he quite admires France's culture.
• He normally acts like a gentleman but once he gets some booze in him, he becomes an unstoppable, violent punk.
• The food he produces is quite terrible but he thinks he is quite good at it. He also knows that other people complain about it.
• His hobbies and interests are cooking, handicrafts, literature, punk rock, and giving scathing criticism on America's movies.
• He could easily be the most pitiful one in this webcomic.
• His temper was quite stormy during the decades after America's independence.
• A maritime parting gift from England. It was left alone and at some point it became a nation.
• Has England's eyebrows and wears a sailor suit.
• He has a cheeky personality and a habit of saying "~desuyo" and he's a troublesome guy who keeps pestering people about acknowledging him as a country.
• He sees England as an enemy but relies on him when in trouble.?
• His age is about 12 years. He calls himself: Sea-kun, Sealand-kun, boku. England: Bastard England
Why did it go like this...
• Perhaps because he's quite young, he's a "going my way" type of young man overflowing with vitality. However, he has a complex about his country's lack of history.
• Because of England's influence has no taste, no matter what kind of colours it has he'll just settle with "cute".
But I think he has some more taste left than England. Lately he has been getting into sushi.
• He has such superhuman strength that he can go looking for England while dragging a car behind himself.
• Lately being worried about his fitness he hasn't been doing nothing but exercise and has gotten too much strength.
Being so afraid of his rising weight despite exercising, I wonder when he'll realize it's muscles...
• He likes scientific things but he also likes yet unknown things like UFO and UMA.
• He is friendly with the space aliens even though they make horses fly and leave mysterious patterns on the fields.
• He went to Japan to open it up for the world because he was demanding for whales.
• He's quite much quantity over quality.
• Thinks Lithuania is somewhere where you can get by American highways.
• At any rate, since he likes heros and happy endings, he's sure his future willsurely be like that too.
• In fact it's not that he can't read the situations but that he doesn't on purpose.
• Before he was a little brother like crybaby who would immediately rely on England or France but
Getting blown at by the harsh wind of the Wild West, at some point he grew abnormally quickly both mentally and physically.
He became somewhat unspoiled child.
• He took reference for making his own house from the houses Sweden and Finland used to live in.
• Has mingled a lot with German people's blood.
The model of his outward appearance was a Canadian. He was really kind and friendly person and unreasonably kindly made contact with me who couldn't speak good English and got teary eyed quickly when we arrived at America.
The model for his interior was my teacher at school. The disinterest towards geography is from this teacher.
|Axis Powers Hetalia and its characters belong to Himaruya Hidekaz and Gentosha comics.|